From:
Michael Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:52:13 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Do any other list members have the Schepkin recording?  I'd be very
>interested in your opinions.

I have the Schepkin WTC, as well as everything else he has released on
Ongaku.  Sometimes he is utterly convincing, occasionally baffling, but
always interesting.  His other recordings, especially the Suites, are
especially worth getting.  Listen to his handling of the several sequences
in the opening movement of the second Suite, for instance.

I also agree with the Fanfare reviewer's comment about Samuil Feinberg's
WTC.  It sounds like the man spent his life in prayer at the keyboard,
using this as his text.

Michael Stein