From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:12:46 -0700
Dave Gustafson wrote:

>About 5 years ago on my local P.B.S.television station I saw a 2 hour
>program narrated by the English actor Peter Ustinov about the composer
>Franz Joseph Haydn.  I would like to obtain a copy of this program but
>so far I have been unable to find this video.  Any ideas or help from
>you classical music fans would be appreciated.

Dave, I saw only a 35 minute generic video for sale (one for each major
composer) but then I got this in my morning mail today.  An announcement
about a Sunday morning TV Show that's available all over the U.S.  Check
your cable listings to confirm the time (or http://www.clicktv.com maybe).

   BREAKFAST WITH THE ART  (weekly show)

   "You may have seen this week's show featured in the special Music
   Section of TV GUIDE.  If not, here's the lineup for this Sunday,
   July 9th from 9am to 11am, Eastern and Pacific on A&E:

   Celebrating Haydn - Part One
   Sir Peter Ustinov comments, in his own inimitable style, on the life
   and works of the great Austrian composer, Franz Joseph Haydn in this
   award winning program.  [AB: Part Two is probably scheduled for the
   following week.  ]

   The A&E Artist of the Week
   Internationally beloved pianist Andre Watts joins me in the studio
   to play and chat.

   Arts and Entertainment News
   Jane Moss from Lincoln Center gives us a preview of this summer's
   Mostly Mozart Festival in New York.

   Elliott Forrest, Host
   http://www.aande.com/breakfast
   AandE.com On TV: Breakfast With The Arts

Andrys in Berkeley
http://andrys.com/books.html
$20 off vstore music/bks for orders over $60 until 7/7