From:
Stuart karow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:27:35 -0700
Bernard Sherman wrote:

>I'm not sure it's appropriate for a writer to comment like this, especially
>since I'm not a subscriber on the list (Brad Leissa kindly forwarded the
>exchange to me)--but thanks for letting me do so anyway.

I am extremely happy that Mr.  Sherman did respond because it gives me
the opportunity to say I really enjoyed reading, about a month ago, his
book, "Inside Early Music".  As a relative new comer to HIP performance,
I appreciated the way the book framed the characteristics and issues
of HIP.  Can anyone recommend a book(s) that would give me a greater
appreciation and understanding of HIP? I recently saw a book that
approached the subject by organizing the chapters around particular
countries of origin and historical periods.  The title and author
escapes me, but I think the preface was written by Christopher Hogwood.

Stuart Karow [log in to unmask]