From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:23:10 GMT
Please forward the email for the Decca executives that we all can write
to in order maybe to sway them to complete this project.  Michael Haydn
Complete Symphony Cycle by Hogwood:  now that would be incredible.

All this conversation on the topic of the Haydn cycle reminds me that it
is amazing how much music is really available out there now (as opposed to
the 1950s or even early 60s) from the baroque and classical period.  But on
the other hand its daunting when you realize that there still is only one
complete Haydn cycle in the last 30 years.

Speaking of Naxos:  they are in a project of recording a fair number of the
Vanhal Symphonies.  I would just drool to hear those same works performed
by Hogwood.  Or a Dittersdorf cycle.  But whom I am kidding? We are lucky
that even this much of Papa Haydn has made it to disc.

Thanks

Kim