From:
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:40:11 -0400
Anne Ozorio observed that

>they [the Germans at a gas station] didn't feel comfortable with "Heiliges
>Deutsches Kunst".

Well they have my sympathies: I don't feel comfortable with it either,
although presumably for different reasons.  Specifically, the reference
goes over my head.  I'm sure a google search could enlighten me, if only
I read German, as all the google entires for "Heiliges Deutsches Kunst"
seem to be in German.  So, can someone enlighten me as to her reference
and why stolid German citizens should feel uncomfortable with it?  Perhaps
a clue is given in one google entry, which returns with the curious
opening "Propaganda, der Ernahrung und Verwaltung".

Oh, and someone please tell Anne that on the List, she addresses many
mere colonials, who may not be literate ...  especially in obscure
languages from across the Pond.

Larry (who guesses he failed the test)