From:
Roger Lebow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:08:13 -0700
As a sometime sub with the LA Chamber Orchestra, I played a number of
concerts that Iona led.  She worked with a great intensity born of a
love for the music and the musician's inevitable conviction that the
music demanded as much as one could bring to it--and then a bit more.
Her violin playing was masterful.  I reserve judgment on whether or not
one can be a completely effective conductor whilst playing, but she gave
it her all.

Roger Lebow
Sierra Madre, California