From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:47:51 -0800
Rudolph Tang wrote:

>This I am particularly proud of:
>St.Matthew Passion conducted by Helmuth Rilling(hassler).  His Complete
>Orchestral Suites is of equal brilliance.  At present times I am looking
>for the Mass in B minor.  I intend to buy a Karl Richter one, but fail to
>find it in the market.  Any suggestion?

If you liked the Rilling St. Matthew Passion then consider the Rilling Mass
in B minor.  It is a CBS recording and I am very fond of it, although, I
really like performances done in a historically informed (or so they say)
manner.  It is the first recording of the mass that I purchased and it holds
a special place for that fact but it still stands strong today against other
recordings, in my opinion.  See what you think!!

Wes Crone