From:
John Wiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:56:20 -0700
(extracted from the digest, clipped to bits)

Donald Clarke responds to Karl Miller:

>>[...] I would also like to add that the Mexican connection resulted
>>in one of the more collectable Stravinsky recordings, the Divertimento
>>from the Fairy's Kiss as recorded in Mexico.  Now on CD, the original
>>discs used to bring several hundred dollars when sold at auction.
>
>Damn!  That's not on the 22-CD set I reently bought at an absurdly
>low price from Europe!  IS THERE NO END TO THE COLLECTING?!?

Not to rain even aslant upon your rhetoric processional, it is not
merely on CD, but (gasp!) in print, here:

   http://www.parnassusrecords.com/pacd96023.htm

Disclaimer: My relationship with this vendor is one of long-term
friendship.  No profit accrues to me from this reference....a little
good karma, maybe.

In fact, a fairish amount of Stravinsky-conducted Stravinsky is not
in that 22-disc compilation, but on CD elsewhere, mostly out on print.

cheers
John Wiser