From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:51:32 +0000
Debbie McGee asked for our favorite recordings of the French Suites.
I'd have to go with David Cates/Music & Arts and Davitt Moroney/Virgin
Classics.  Moroney's version is about the sharpest and most severe I've
ever heard.  It took me some time to acclimate to the Moroney, but it
was certainly worth the effort.  Keith Jarrett and Christopher Hogwood
are just a little behind.

I prefer each of the above to any piano version on the market.

Don Satz