From:
Rosemary Ceravolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:39:19 -0400
Virginia Knight wrote:

>For some really serious infrasound, and a long-held, low B flat beyond
>the reach of even a Russian bass, see this:
>
>http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030909/80/e7y6b.html

This B-Flat note in the cosmos reminded me instantly of Schubert and
sure enough, I looked at, then played from my CD's, his String Trio in
B flat, D. 581, String Trio in B flat, D.471, Piano Trio in B flat,
D.898, Piano Trio in one movement in B flat, D. 28 <<Sonate>>, all on
Philips 438 700-2 Schubert Complete Trios (Beaux Arts trio and Grumiaux
Trio).  Then I played Schubert's Piano Sonata in B flat major, D960 with
Radu Lupu, piano, on London 440 295-2.

Perhaps Schubert intuitively captured this deepest musical note flying
through space for millions of years.  Any other composers who were
especially attuned to B flat?

Rosemary