From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:36:39 +0200
Yesterday I recieved this mouth-watering information.  Harmonia Mundi
is realeasing some of their Bachs Cd on mid-price.  I already own the
Christmas cantatas by Herreweghe and heard the Cantatas for alto.  Both are
excellent.  Herreweghe is my favourite Bach conductor so I will probably
buy the rest.  But there are other intersting cd:s as well eg.  ter Lindens
Cello Suites, the Goldberg by Gilbert etc

There is the list:

The Art of Fugue
Davitt Moroney (harpsichord)
HMX2951169/70    2xCD

Phoebus and Pan Cantatas,
RIAS-Kammerchor, Akademie fur Alte Musik Berlin/Rene Jacobs
HMX2951544/45    2xCD

Cantatas for alto
Andreas Scholl, Orchestre du Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe
HMX2951644    1XCD

Organ chorales
Lionel Rogg (Silbermann organ, Arlesheim)
HMX295717    1XCD=09

Concerto Italien BWV 971
Kenneth Gilbert (harpsichord)
HMX2951278      1XCD

"Mit Fried und Freud" Cantatas BWV 8, 125 & 138
York, Danz, Padmore, Kooy, Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe
HMX2951659      1XCD

St. John Passion
Crook, Lika, Schlick, Patriasz, Kendall, Kooy, Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe
HMX2951264/65    2XCD

Magnificat/Cantata BWV 80
Schlick, Mellon, Lesne, Crook, Kooy, La Chapelle Royale, Collegium
Vocale/Herreweghe HMX2951326      1XCD

Mass in B minor
Zomer, Gens, Scholl, Pregardien, Kooy, Muller-Brachmann, La Chapelle
Royale, Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe HMX2951614/15    2XCD

Motets
RIAS-Kammerchor/Rene Jacobs
HMX2951589      1XCD

Musical Offering
Davitt Moroney, Janet See, John Holloway, Jaap ter Linden, Martha Cook
HMX2951260    1XCD

Easter Oratorio
Schlick, Wessel, Taylor, Kooy, Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe
HMX2951513      1XCD

Trio Sonatas
London Baroque/Charles Medlam
HMX2951173      1XCD

Organ Sonatas
John Butt
HMX2957055    2XCD

Viola da gamba sonatas
Paolo Pandolfo, Rinaldo Alessandrini (harpsichord)
HMX2955218      1XCD

Solo Cello Suites
Jaap ter Linden
HMX2957216/17    2XCD

Trauerode BWV 198
Schmithusen, Brett, Crook, Kooy, La Chapelle Royale/Herreweghe
HMX2951270      1XCD

Goldberg Variations
Kenneth Gilbert (harpsichord)
HMX2951240      1XCD

Christmas Cantatas
Jesovsek, Connolly, Padmore, Kooy, Collegium Vocale/Herreweghe
HMX2951594    1XCD

Christmas Oratorio
Roschmann, Scholl, Gura, Hager, RIAS-Kammerchor, Akademie
fur Alte Musik Berlin/Jacobs

Next year we will propbably be flooded with Bach CD:S.  Gardiner is
about to record all the sacred cantatas in various churches in Europe,
the Hanssler edition of every thing Bach wrote is well om it's way all
Teldec, I think is about to do the same thing.  It will be a tough year
for us Bach-lovers

Patrik Enander
Goteborg, Sweden