From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:57:05 EST
Satoshi Akima writes:

>...chunky boxed sets...  the very sight of the huge thing will put you off
>even contemplating the chore of playing the whole monstrosity through from
>the first CD to last. It is a sure formula for a Mozartian to come to hate
>Mozart.

Years ago, and from random listening,   I delevoped a strong yen for
Mozart symphonies. So one day I decided to buy  a boxed set (Philips,
Neville Marriner/St. Martin-in-the-Fields) and listened to it from
beginning to end in three or four sessions.  After that, I knew which
of the symphonies

I especially liked  and,over the years, got myself some more satisfactory
recordings of these. I remain a steady and ever-enthralled listener of
my little collection--including, still, some of the Marriner offerings.

Denis Fodor