From:
Robert Stumpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:25:40 -0500
The Leopold Stokowski Society of America announces its first CD release
in five years.  With the help of several others, who wish to remain
annonymous, I have been able to produce a compact disc of the native
Brazilian music "supervised" by Leopold Stokowski whilst on his tour
of South America in 1940.  For more information about the music go to:

   http://www.brazzil.com/musfeb00.htm

The disc contains 16 tracks and has been professionally remastered from the
LP with an attractive insert and disc cover.  I will also send a photocopy
of the English translation of the LP's Portugese liner notes.  There are
only 50 copies of this disc and no more will be produced.  The 78s were
almost as rare as the LP.  Check out the site mentioned and let me know if
you want a copy.  We are asking $10 per disc, post paid.  You will have to
send your check or money order to:

   Robert M. Stumpf, II
   President: LSSA
   70 Greenfield CT
   Howard, OH 43028

Let me know via email if you want me to hold a copy for you.

Peace,

bob