From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:00:41 -0700
Steve Schwartz says in regard to Tchaikovsky's 2nd Piano Concerto:

>This sort of mucking about from People Who Knew Better also plagued the
>second piano concerto, heard for over a hundred years in a bowdlerized
>version, and undoubtedly hindered its acceptance.

Speaking of Siloti, I have been amazed recently reading a lot of liner
notes about Rachmaninoff how many writers do not mention that they were
cousins when all they had to do was insert 2 words, "his cousin".  Often
he is referred to as Rachmaninoff's "teacher", " friend" etc. Do you
suppose that some of these people don't know this relationship?

Maybe all the knowledgeable liner writers are busy writing about Joyce
Hatto.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan