From:
Juozas Rimas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:30:36 +0300
All the Bach's records I could sink my teeth into are by Gould and Casals.
I guess there's little point in searching for better records of the 1st
suite for cello but what about klavier works? Are there any other Bach
performers besides Gould that are considered "that good"?

I'm harassed with the fact that Gould is too peculiar, his Bach is
very "fast".  The composer himself would hardly recognize his creations
performed by Gould...  But I do like Gould.  A dilemma: authencity vs
interpretation...

Juozas Rimas