From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:15:38 -0400
Ron Chaplin asked:

>Mimi answered Mariana:
>
>>Please, run right out and beg, borrow, or steal Mozart viola quintets,
>>especially the G Minor.  Try it several times.  ...  If you like it,
>>then I've got about a hundred more things for you to try.
>
>Like what, Mimi?

I won't tell you all at once.  For starters, try the d minor string
quartet.  (k.421)

For pure joy, (Joy is an emotion, too!) try the string quartet called "the
Hunt" (K.  458) or another of my favorite quartets that packs many emotions
into a short space, the first movement of the "Dissonant" (K.465).  (OH,
all right, listen to the rest of it, too.)

How about the first several movements of the Divertimento for violin, viola
and cello?

Mimi, trying to narrow things down to only 100.