From:
James Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:45:55 -0000
Jocelyn Wang wrote to Steve Schwartz:

>For someone who wrote a zillion pages ago "Just this last, and I'm done"
>you've certainly gone on.  But, then, I don't really know what you meant.
>I only know what you wrote.

I encourage Steve, Jocelyn and everyone else on the list to keep this
thread alive.  Its original manifestation ("Eroica Repeats") in April 1998
provoked three hundred and seventy six messages.  Many of them, albeit,
were themselves repeats of earlier messages in a more strident key.

This time round, one hundred and fifteen messages have appeared so far.
Only two hundred and sixty two more and we can beat the record!

I myself can only ask, where would "minimalist" composers be without a
repeat-previous-measure symbol..?

James Kearney