From:
Marc Innes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:07:28 -0500
First, I am an overeducated peasant clod who happened to be a dumb
musician.  There are days when I am an Intelligent Intellectual Musician.
I play great.  I know what I am doing.  I have done my homework.  There
are other days, I just sight-read.  For example, I just to love playing
in church, now, I feel like a juke box.  I know the songs, but they no
longer have meaning.  I desire to go back to being an Intelligent
Intellectual Musician, but society often won't let me.  Sad.  So, I
guess, it comes and goes.  Some days you do it, some days juke box.

Who is or was an Intelligent Intellectual Musician?

Sir Clifford Curzon, Rudolf Serkin definitely.

"Marc Innes" <[log in to unmask]>