From:
Martin Pitchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:51:41 -0400
Thanh-Tam Le wrote:

>Now, if we turn to older works which should have been recorded long ago and
>are not available as yet, the list would be endless!  For instance, I have
>eagerly awaited a release of many a highly praised symphony (for instance
>in the New Grove...) for years.  I started to list even the most tempting
>ones, but had to give in, for it would have added up to a depressingly long
>message.  If other listers are interested, I shall send some ideas later.
>And I had not even taken into account works which were once available on
>LP-records and still cry out for CD reports or new versions.

That seems so interesting.  I like myself to discover new works and I am
wondering how can I if there is no recording about it.  Last year I heard
a terrific opera called Hamlet by Pascal Bentoiu (contemporaneous) and as
I see, is not recorded...  Three Rimsky Korsakov operas are not recorded
either: Pan voyevoda (only some exerpts of music), Serviglia and another
one (I don't remember now).  It's a pitty.  Is the first time I hear about
Karetnikov (I love Russians...) Could you compare his music to somebody
else's? There are some recordings about him? (other symphonies, etc).
Alojz Ajdic's 3rd for percussion (the title seems interesting).  I love
percussion...  like the marvelous Bartok Sonata for 2 pianos and
percussion...  I like Gyorgy Sigeti (very much), Rautavaara, Schnittke...
and less contemponeous music as Messian (less), Berg (very much),
Schoenberg and Webern.

Thanking you in advance.

Martin Pitchon