From:
Dave Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:15:32 -0600
Bernard Chasan wrote:

>Mitch Friedfeld wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me how many of Schubert's works that Lizst transposed?
>>Is there a CD out there devoted to this genre?  ...
>
>I am very fond of Liszt's transcriptions of Schubert songs There are
>two fine Naxos cds devoted to this work.

I hope the Naxos recordings are better than the Leslie Howard
snoozers on Hyperion.  I bought three - 3 cd sets of the Lizst Schubert
transcriptions and found them so boring I resolved to not buy any more
of Howard's series unless I could first hear some cuts from the CD.  It
was a stiff price to pay to be disappointed.  I heard Howard's version
of the b minor sonata. I was similarly unimpressed.

I have the Naxos of the Lizst/Beethovan symphonies and I like them better
than the Katsiris on Teldec.

Dave Harman