From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:17:20 PST
Bob Draper wrote:

>In my view an opera CD is useless without a libreto so I went back
>and asked for a refund of the borrowing charge of $2.88.

Borrowing charge? You've got a tough library.  I can do without a libretto
for the most part, although I do like sometimes reading it after I listen
to the music.  The problem with knowing the story ahead of time is that my
mind gets stuck with that story.  By brushing aside the libretto and story
notes, I create my own story based on the music I'm listening to.  And my
story always suits me better than the real one - a personalized match.
It's not as offbeat as you might think; give it a try.

Bob told us how the librarian would not refund his money because she felt
that he rented the cd (not the booklet) and she has friends who don't
listen with the libretto:

>Who's crazy me or them?

I'll have to think on that one.  I don't want to be hasty.

Don Satz