From:
Geoffrey Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:54:12 +1200
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> importunes:

>Steve Schwartz, waiting for someone to compare him (favorably) to Bach,
>Stravinsky, Bartok, Martinu, Hindemith, Bloch, and Vaughan Williams

I think Steve Schwartz's work compares favourably to Bach, Stravinsky,
Bartok, Martinu, Hindemith, Bloch, and Vaughan Williams.

I also think it compares favourably to Schutz, Monteverdi, Palestrina,
Bruckner, Mahler, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann, Nielsen, Sibelius, Glass,
and that most prolific composer of all, Anonymous.  It is quite possible
that his work compares favourably to a wide variety of other composers
from other parts of the globe and that may even include Traditional
(another prolific composer).

It only remains to be said that Steve Schwartz has quite exceptional time
management skills, since he also is reasonably prolific with reviews.

Geoffrey Gaskell