From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:40:05 -0400
I am searching for outstanding recordings of Sibelius symphonies with good
sound.  The reviews I remember were just average.  A salesman recommended
Bernsteins (Sony/DG) or C.  Davis (Philips Duo) cycles, but they are not
available here anymore (are they worth paying the high import price?).
Special offers in the shop are Blomstedts recordings (Decca anounced they
will also be not available soon) and Rattles on EMI.  Do some of you have
experiences with these sets and are they really preferable to the cheap
sets discussed some months ago (Ashkenazy/Sakati/ Berglund
...)?

Ralf Oehlmann