From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 16:28:56 PST
Juozas Rimas wrote:

>Could you please assure me the seasons are his best work and I don't
>have to bother digging deeper?

It's not that easy.  If you enjoy the Four Seasons, you do yourself a
disservice by not delving into his other works.  And this comes from a
person who has little appreciation of Vivaldi's music.  But, I didn't get
to this point just by listening to his "top" hit and forgetting the rest.
Also, try out Vivaldi's choral works and operas.  The point is that many
folks love the Four Seasons and a lot of Vivaldi's other compositions also.
Keep going!

Don Satz