From:
Lee Hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:44:46 -0700
You folks make me look like a complete piker.

I've got about 200 or so works by Bach, almost as many by Schubert and
about 100 or so by Beethoven and the same for Mozart.  There are other
folks I really like, but who were much less prolific and so I own fewer.

The only things I even own multiples of are a few pieces by Bach (e.g.The
Brandenburgs and some of the more major organ works), The Planets (Was
Holst a one hit wonder?  Are there other 1HW's?) and the Russian Easter
Overture (mayhap my favorite piece).

Overall, I have about 14,000 works/movements --- but that includes
non-classical.  I get around the storage problem by having it all digitized
as high quality MP3's (we didn't have lossless compression when I started)
on my computer, playable on my home stereo via my Audiotron.  Many of
you audiophiles are probably cringing...  But compared to the scratchy
vinyl I listened to as a kid, it still sounds better and is much more
convenient.  All my original CD's and vinyl are in an outbuilding.

Anybody have a favorite Russian Easter Overture?

"Lee Hester" <[log in to unmask]>