From:
Mike Leghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:23:47 -0600
Dave Runnion replies to Mike Leghorn:

>>4) The production of Don Giovanni was gimmick laden so as to get it's point
>>across to an obtuse, opera hating public.
>
>Actually weren't the opera scenes staged by someone quite famous for modern
>opera productions? Is it thought-provoking in the Met but gimmick-laden if
>it's in a film? Are the excesses and gimmicks historically inaccurate? Or
>are we being just the tiniest bit snobby about all this?

Among other things, I didn't like the camera work in the movie's
presentation of the opera.  It was too "jazzed" up.  I'm sorry if I didn't
like it.  I don't mean to be snobby.

To *try* to prove that I'm not a snob, I'll share with you a list of some
movies that I liked at least as much as Amadeus:

Ace Ventura
Terminator (I & II)
Airplane
Naked Gun
Top Secret
Judge Dred
Demolition Man
Pink Flamingos
Toy Story (I & II)
Evil Dead II
Night of the Living Dead

My favorite TV shows are Seinfeld and The Simpsons.  I'm also a big fan of
Beavis & Butthead.

Mike "the snob" Leghorn