From:
Bob Lombard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:18:27 -0500
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ed Zubrow wrote:
>
>>Also, at the conclusion of the Sibelius Concerto, during her last long
>>solo, she broke a string.
>
>Just to clear this up, unless I missed something, what she "broke" was a
>string to her bow,

Thanks for an interesting description of the concert.  Those things are
scarce in these hills.  That she "broke the string to her bow" brought
images to mind, most of them having to do with an archer under desperate
conditions.:-)

Ed Zubrow wrote, in part:

>Mutter's violin was probably equipped with an ebony or rosewood chin rest,
>making a handkerchief there redundant.  But the handkerchief underneath
>would protect the instrument from her naked flesh.

You have inserted a redundancy of your own. The handkerchief would protect
the instrument from her flesh. Naked flesh?

bl