From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:31:33 PST
I listened to Charlotte Church's singing for the first time today on ABC
television.  Although expecting that she might not sound quite as good as
advertised, I was very surprised to find that her singing voice does not
meet my minimum professional standards.  On higher notes, she had trouble
hitting them on-target, and it all sounded rather painful.  That's a shame
as her speaking voice is very attractive.

This is certainly a case where highly effective marketing and publicity
easily overcome any consideration of singing quality.  Do the folks who
are pushing her realize the weaknesses of her voice? If so, they must be
very proud of themselves for the "sham" they are perpetrating.

Don Satz