From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:52:25 -0600
Tang Xiao Yu wrote:

>I have tried to find the libretto(in German or English) of Beethoven's
>Fidelio in classialNet.com [I'm fairly sure he means www.classical.net.
>-Dave] and using some search engines, but failed to get a satisfying
>answer.

Most recordings (or any worth their salt) would have a copy of the libretto
issued with the album or CD.  Whether the libretto would include just the
sung portions (Sing) or include the spoken parts (Spiel) is an issue that
one can only resolve by looking at each libretto in turn.  Any good library
should have this work available for their patrons.  There's also the option
of tracking down a full or piano-vocal score of the work too.

Mark K. Ehlert