From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:21:45 -0700
I tend to buy CDs by the New Zealand Symphony as I grew up listening
to them and think they are superb.  Try the Rozsa Theme and Variations or
Symphony in 3 movts (Koch Swann), or the Lilburn #2 (NZSO/Hopkins/Continum).

I also have thing for the operas of Strauss and Wagner and also look
out for recordings by Bryden Thomson, an underrated conductor (try is
VW 1,2,3,5 or Britten song cycles CD with Johnson & Lott).

Furtwangler live broadcast recordings are also a must!

I tend to go thorugh phases though and when something new catches my ear
can go down a whole new avenue.

David Harbin
Nottingham UK