From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 15:15:25 PDT
Mike Cole wrote in response to my conditions for contributing to a BBC
type-station:

>This is why it'll never happen.  If the members of this list can't
>support any tastes other than their own, what are the chances of
>the public at large doing it?

Take it easy Mike - I was just joking around.  From what I've heard of BBC
3 programming and philosophy, I'd be glad to donate $100 annually to the
station; I could handle more if necessary.

Although Karl Haas does speak at a slow clip, I have no problem maintaining
interest in his programs.

I think most list members would be agreeable as well, assuming they do not
have the availability of a good classical station.  I don't think it comes
down to a station having to pay homage to my tastes, but a station which I
can be proud to support because it places quality above ratings.

Don Satz