From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:40:30 -0000
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]> said:

>My two bits: I thought Amadeus was a great and profound motion picture.

I might not go that far, but I thought it was a very good film.

For those who are concerned with the historical distortions in Amadeus,
look at it this way:  The story is being told by a decrepit and mad
Salieri.  How objective would his testimony be? How accurate? It's not
at all hard to imagine him confusing bits of various incidents, thus
putting them out of context.  It's also not hard to imagine him out-and-out
lying to discredit Mozart and to place himself in a more important light.
For example, we know that Salieri was not the one who took dictation from
Mozart at the end but, in the movie at least, it's not hard to imagine him
claiming to have had that distinction.

Richard, who invites you to visit his classical music site at
http://opuspocus.ca