From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:49:28 -0300
Achim Breiling wrote:

>Of Villa-Lobos enormous output I basically have only the Bachianas (the
>complete set on EMI), the string quartets (all the MarcoPolo isuues) and
>the guitar concerto (included in the EMI set).  The quartets I like a lot
>but the orchestral music did not convince me too much.  Its nicely crafted,
>sometimes very virtuos but it somehow did not grab me.

Some time ago the Bessler-Reis Quartet tried to record all Villa-Lobos
String quartets for the Kuarup Discos label (a Brazilian label), but I don't
know if they succeeded. I have their recordings of the # 1, 2, 3 and the #
4, 5, 6, two excellent recordings and interpretations. For more about these
recordings, send a private message.

Wilson Pereira