From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:37:39 -0500
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Does anyone else know him? Have other works to recommend? I did an internet
>search and I'm going to get his collection of Bach arias, too.

You're a little late!  Last June I advised this list that Performance
Today on our public radio station had featured a German countertenor named
Andreas Scholl who sang what I thought were some magnificent alto arias
from Bach Cantatas (works in which I generally prefer the choral to the
solo portions) as recorded on one or more Harmonia Mundi CDs.  and asked
if anyone could tell me more about him

Rather than repeat or paraphrase the multiplicity of answers, all
entusiastic about the singer, I'll simply refer you to MCML's archives.

wm