From:
Jon Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:08:21 -0800
"Richard Pennycuick" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Even more incidentally, the TV series from which Miguel remembers that
>stately theme was The Onedin Line.  I think the Onegin Line was nothing
>to do with ships!

On the contrary, the Onedin Line dealt with a 19th century British
shipping line, which is now (I believe) a Swedish company spelled "Anedin"
with a little hole over the A. .  Whilst living in England, I became
addicted to the series, and now I can never hear the stately theme from
the adagio in "Spartacus"  without seeing a clipper ship on the waves.
A better application of the music, I suspect, than the original ballet.

Jon Gallant           [[log in to unmask]]