From:
Michael Cervin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:44:29 +0200
Don Satz wrote:

>This reminds me that I noticed on the H & B Recordings website that
>Warner Classics is releasing a new set of Bach's Well Tempered Clavier,
>Book I by Daniel Barenboim.  However, I haven't heard or read of this
>from any other source including the Warner Classics website.  Does
>anyone have information about this release?

Well, a little. In *Gramophone for September, there is a pre-view of the
October issue, mentioning a review.

>Although I wouldn't expect a great set of performances from Barenboim,
>they would likely be quite interesting.  His Goldberg Variations
>interpretations on Erato are rather odd but stimulating.

Hear, hear.  But it is odd that so many pianists/harpsichordists record
just Book I.  Barenboim, should he record WTC II as well, has a nice
opportunity to join with six other pianists who have recorded both the
Beethoven sonatas and WTC I-II in their entirety.

Michael Cervin