From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:46:57 EDT
Joe Hagedorn wrote:

>So for good clarinet works we have Brahms, Briccialdi, Copland,
>Corigliano, Crusell, Finzi, Fuchs, Krommer, Mozart, Nielsen, Reicha,
>Stanford, Stravinsky and Weber?  What CD's are woth picking up?

One work that everyone seems to be leaving off their list is the Brahms
Trio for clarinet, cello and piano.  In my opinion, the work is even more
beautiful than the quintet.  I think it has an incredibly autumnal feel
to it.  Well, I just wanted Joe to know that this work exists and it is
definitely worth buying.

-Wes