From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:01:49 +0100
Milan Gowin wrote:

>Actually, according to the liner notes,the Glass Concerto was dedicated to
>Paul Zukofsky (who premiered it) and Dennis Russell Davies.  Nevertheless,
>I'm glad that this concerto has come up in topic.  Like him or hate him, I
>think that the middle movement is certainly one of the best things Glass
>has written.

Oh well, I must have mixed this up with the Adams concerto, which was
dedicated to Kremer (or am I wrong here, too?).  Indeed the the second
movement of the Glass concerto is very beautyful!  Maybe the concerto *is*
the best thing Glass wrote, at least for me.  Though I would agree with
Steve Schwartz that the Adams concerto is by far more impressive.  I have
seen Kremer doing the Adams live some years ago in Heidelberg and it was
a very interesting experience!

Achim Breiling