From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:09:43 -0800
Aryeh Oron provided many alternative-instrument versions of the Goldbergs,
including one by the Canadian Brass.  Thank you for that!  This makes
two Goldberg incidents in recent days:

1.  A couple of months ago we saw Murray Perahia in a program of Bach
(a partita, not the Goldbergs), Beethoven, and Chopin.  My wife really
likes Perahia, so I figured I would buy her MP's recording of the Goldbergs
and we'd both be happy.  It came the other day.  Her immediate response
was: "Hmm, I already have that.  In fact, you bought it for me." Oh.
Well, now we both have one.

2.  My son plays the trumpet in the University of Virginia marching band
and the university's Rotunda Brass Quartet.  And he is a big Canadian
Brass fan.  So I bought that disc.  For him.  Kind of.  I'm hoping he'll
at least let me burn it for my own use.

Thanks again, Aryeh.

Mitch Friedfeld