From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:19:35 -0600
Two new cds have just hit my In-box that are worth exploring.  First,
cpo has put out another in their Peterson-Berger series, this one with
Symphony number four, and an orchestrated version of some of the piano
pieces "Frosblomster." Sorry if I mis-spelled that.  This is lovely music
and worth a listen.  I am even more enthusiastic about the new Naxos cd
of string quartets by Enescu with the Quatour Ad Libitum (Naxos 8.554721).
This music is absolutely haunting.  I have enjoyed the symphonies by this
composer on Arte Nova.  These quartets are some of the freshest music I
have heard in some time.  A must for fans of chamber music!

Kevin Sutton