From:
Todd Michel McComb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:20:32 -0700
No one else probably cares about this, but since a direct question was
asked....

Janos Gereben writes:

>What slap?  In whose face?  Being an "entity onto himself" may be a
>clumsy, but certainly not insulting statement.  Nowhere did I say that
>he is not drawing on this, that or the other.  I have heard his Carnatic
>recordings, I recognize that he is from where he is.

You did not even mention that Srinivas is a Carnatic musician.  Here,
called on it, you dismiss Carnatic music as "this, that or the other."
It is a direct insult to the tradition, and I now see, intentional.

>Carnatic is good.  Srinivas is better.

Ridiculous.

Todd McComb