From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:49:36 -0400
I am thinking about buying the CD of Zimerman's recording of the Brahms
d minor piano concerto with Bernstein.  I have the DVD with both concertos
where the audio and video is out of sync, and wondered if anyone has the
CD of the d minor and what they think about it.  The prices I have seen
are quite high, and don't want to get stuck with a recording that I don't
like.

I do NOT care for his version on the DVD, so if the CD has the same
performance, I definitely do not want it.

BTW - His 2nd is really great on the DVD.

Any opinions?

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan