From:
Krzysztof Lorentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:29:55 +0100
Renato Vinicius wrote:

>I recently heard about stories involving Ivo Pogorelich and some
>competitions in which he had failed and about a controverse in one of them
>with Martha Argerich.  Could somebody tell me these stories or say if they
>are true or not?

1980 Chopin Competition, Warsaw.  Pogorelich out of final.  Argerich
leaves jury and Warsaw.  The young applauding Pogorelich.  Newspapers full
of gossips.  Impression on a 20 years old eyewitness (me):  much ado about
nothing.  As far as I remember Argerich sent a diplomatic telegram from
Vienna excusing for her reaction.

Krzysztof Lorentz