From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:58:11 -0400
Two discoveries that I wouldn't have made but for Daedalus' remaindering
some of its CDs

Discs 1 and 2 of a series called "Composing Women Australia".

Disc 1 features piano music composed and played by Miriam Hyde, born in
1913 and still alive when the CD, issued in 1993, entitled "Brownhill Creek
in Spring" is my favorite of the two, featuring a fantasia on Waltzing
Matilda as the opening piece and eleven other piano works, including a
sonata in g minor.

Disc 2 features piano music composed and played by Dulcie Holland, also
born in 1913 and at the time of the CD's issuance in 1993, was still alive.
It's called "A Scattering of Leaves".  It's first eight works, including a
5-movement piece called, like the CD, "A Scattering of Leaves" are played
by Ms.  Holland.  The remaining works, including a Sonata, are played by
Tessa Birnie.

The catalog numbers are Southern Cross SCCD 1027 & 1028.

Walter Meyer