From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:28:48 -0400
Chen Mei-fen asks:

>Does anyone has the idea that who is the greatest pianist in this period
>Perahia, Argerich, Shiff, Glenn Gould? Or someone else?

Actually, it's Steve Schwartz.  He has no recordings, however, and he
doesn't concertize, but take my word for it.  he's far more fiery than
Argerich, more elegant than Schiff, and more flexible in his phrasing than
Perahia.  He is unique when driving the ivories of his well-used upright
in his neighborhood absinthe boite in New Orleans....

Denis Fodor