From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:56:22 -0300
John G. Deacon wrote:

>I am not given to buying pirate recordings but having been at this (della
>Casa/HvK) I sought to get hold of it the moment I saw news of it on the
>Berkshire list.  However by the time I got to order it it had gone o/s.
>Does anyone know if it exists anywhere at all today?  It had a no: CDKAR
>213.3 - private replies if you wish.  Thanks.

A friend of mine, a penpal from England, Mr. Brian Pinder, sent me last
year a copy (on tape) of a Resenkavalier's recording that exists in pirate
CDs.  Here is a short list of the singers:

Marschallin - Lisa della Casa.
Baron Ochs - Otto Edelmann.
Octavian - Sena Jurinac.
Sophie - Hilde Guden.
Faninal - Erich Kunz, etc.
Chorus of the Vienna State Opera/Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Herbert von Karajan, conductor.
Salzburg Festival, 26 July 1960.

It is the best Rosenkavalier I've ever listened to, even considering the
sound (mono).  Why the major companies (DG, EMI) never got interested in
this recording? By the way, he (Mr. Pinder) was there!

Wilson Pereira.