From:
Stephen Witkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 03:12:03 EST
Kevin Sutton writes:

>By the way, I heard a rumor that Naxos was buying up at least the Maxwell
>Davies portion of Collins' catalogue and will be reissuing it.  Along with
>that they have allegedly commissioned a new set of string quartets to cap
>the venture.  Is this true? Anyone know the lowdown?

Yes, this is apparently true. The Maxwell Davies site www.maxopus.com (I
think) has the news. He is writing 12 Quartets for Naxos starting next year
and N are releasing his Collins classics recordings. Who would have
believed five years ago that Naxos would do such a thing.

Regards,

Stephen Witkowski
Manchester
UK.