From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:15:59 +1100
Many years ago, a friend heard and was very taken with the 3rd symphony of
Felix Draeseke (1835-1913) and during the intervening period, occasionally
wished he could hear it again.  I notice that his first symphony and piano
concerto have been released by Dabringhaus und Grimm, which sounds more
like a firm of consultant archaeologists than a record company.  These are
played by the Wuppertal Symphony which is hardly a world- renowned outfit,
but we've got used to good performances from lesser-known orchestras.
Perhaps Denis or another lister who lives in Germany knows a little more
about the music or the orchestra or both?

Richard Pennycuick