From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:00:10 PST
Jocelyn Wang wrote:

>Does anyone-- anyone-- in his right mind, regardless of his view of
>atonal "music," actually beieve that such an experience would have
>been enjoyed by a single one of those kids?

On average, 24.3% of young children will enjoy "such experiences."

Jocelyn, well known for her distate of "modernist" music, is projecting her
dislikes on to other persons.  Other list members in the past have strongly
stated their liking of modernist composers, but Jocelyn will have none of
that.  I have no idea what any of those children would think; there's no
good reason for any preconceptions.

Don Satz