From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:54:46 -0400
Barrett Reynolds laments re the Haydn 104th

>But since I heard it, I was so awe-inspired by it that I've been trying
>desperately to find it on compact disc, to no avail.  It seems to be one
>of the more scarce Haydn symphonies, and I'd do anything to find a nice
>box set of all the London Symphonies.

This is one of Haydn's most popular works, and it (along with the
other London Symphonies) is well represented in the currently available
catalogue.  A search of Amazon shows there to be recordings by Colin
Davis, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Antal Dorati, Charles Mackerras, Adam
Fischer, Sigiswald Kuijken, Thomas Beecham, Richard Hickox, Herbert
von Karajan, Eugen Jochum, ...

len.